Answer the following questions Every answer must be supported by text material as well as 2 (two) scholarly sourcesTHE TEXT: Management ( 7/e) A Practical Introduction, Angelo Kinicki & Brian K. Williams –McGraw Hill Education
Unformatted Attachment Preview
All answers must be well thought out and thorough. APA FORMAT MUST BE UTILIZED.
Remember, all ideology that is not your original idea must be cited utilizing APA format.
Every answer must be supported by text material as well as 2 (two) scholarly
sources. Please place the citations you utilize for your answer within and note all three at
the end of each of your answers.
1. What is competitive advantage? Explain the importance of each of the four areas in
which an organization must stay ahead of its competitors.
2. One of the challenges for managers is managing personal happiness and life goals.
Explain why this is a challenge for managers. Discuss how you think these ideas apply to
you in the future. Do you think money is the answer to employee satisfaction-why or why
3. Describe the fundamental ideas underlying the classical viewpoint to management, and
give at least one example of a modern practice that has its roots in this view. Compare
and contrast its two approaches.
4. Summarize the debate for and against social responsibility. What is your opinion, and
why? Discuss at least three ways that an organization can promote ethics.
5. Identify at least four forces in the general environment of organizations and provide an
example of each for an industry or business. How do these forces differ from the external
stakeholders in the task environment?
6. Miles and Snow suggest that organizations responding to uncertainty in the environment
do so with one of four approaches. Name and describe these approaches, and provide an
example of each.
7. Explain the different types of planning for the different levels of management. Include
the typical time frame for which each plan is created.
8. Define the components of the acronym SMART in goal setting. Provide an example of a
SMART goal and demonstrate that it meets all criteria.
9. What is MBO? Describe the process by which MBO is done and its purpose. Discuss the
three things that must happen for MBO to be successful.
10. Describe Porter’s four competitive strategies and explain how they differ from each other.
Provide an example of a firm that might use each.
11. Explain the positive and negative aspects of pursuing a single-product strategy versus a
diversification one. Provide an example of a company that uses each type of strategy.
12. List at least five of the seven essential types of leader behaviors that are needed to fuel
the engine of execution. Which type of leader are you?
13. Identify the four general decision making styles. Explain the two primary characteristics
which define each.
14. Describe at least four of the six common decision-making biases, and give an example of
15. Define organizational culture, and explain three layers in which it appears. Choose an
organization with which you have some experience (for example, an employer, one of
your schools, your church, a club) and use it to illustrate the layers of culture.
16. Why is it important for a manager to understand organizational culture? What functions
does organizational culture serve?
17. Describe the right way to conduct an interview. Give three examples of questions you
would ask. Provide your responses to your own interview questions as stated in your
18. Describe Lewin’s change model. Suppose Montana Tech wanted to make a major change
in some important aspect of student life at your school. How should the college or
university use Lewin’s model to guide their actions?
19. Give examples of two forces outside an organization, and two forces inside that would be
likely indicators of a need for change. As a manager, how do I deal with 2 of the 4 forces
you have identified?
20. What can managers, 5 strategies, do to reduce stressors that lead to employee burnout
21. Define attitude and its three components. Give an example statement which illustrates
each component of attitude.
22. Define locus of control, self-efficacy, and self-esteem. Explain how manager might deal
with each of these personality traits at work. Describe how you would rate yourself on
each of these dimensions, and explain why.
23. Identify and define the Big Five personality dimensions. Which of these are related to job
performance? Describe how you would rate yourself on each of these dimensions, and
24. Choose a job you have held or that you know about. Analyze its characteristics,
according to the job characteristics model. If you managed subordinates with this job,
what could you do to increase its motivational potential?
25. Explain equity theory, and discuss how managers can use this model to help motivate
workers. Give an example from your own experience of an inequitable situation, and use
it to illustrate how people react to such circumstances.
26. Describe the stages of group development. For each, discuss what questions the
individual asks at that stage, and what the leader should do to facilitate it.
27. Identify at least five of the influence tactics used to get people to do what you want. Is
each of these a hard or soft tactic? Which one is most frequently used? Provide examples
of how each might be used.
28. What is a trait theory of leadership? According to Kouzes & Posner, what are the five
traits that make a credible leader? Choose a leader that you find credible and assess if that
person seems to possess these traits.
29. What is productivity? Why is increasing productivity important? In the context of a
specific job, preferably from your own experience, discuss at least three ways that
managers can improve productivity.
30. How has this class changed your perception of management and leadership? Are they one
in the same? What type of leader/manager do you hope to work for when you are finished
with your degree?
THE END!!!! ☺
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more